Tonight I am hosting my book club's inaugural potluck dinner. We meant to have a Christmas dinner, but everyone was so crazy busy that we couldn't find the time. So here we are in the New Year, finally sitting down together.
As we are quite an international bunch, we asked everyone to bring a dish from their home country. So this is what we've got so far:
- Thai chicken curry (that's from me, I'm no ace when it comes to cooking Asian food despite my heritage, but it's easy to make for the masses)
- A potato dish called 'Debbelabbes' - could be either German or Swedish, as it's from the wonderful Monika
- Cheese and pretzels (german)
- Sauerkraut and vodka (Polish)
- Fried rice (Chinese)
- Vegetable curry (indian, via Oz)
- Homegrown salad (international!)
- Apple strudel and vanilla sauce (Austrian)
- a pasta dish (italian)
- Trifle (English - I am so looking forward to this, I loooove ttrifle)
- Carrot cake (yes, yes, I know, it's from me, I'm so predictable)
- An Indian sweet (a custardy type treat I'm told)
It all sounds fab! Check back tomorrow for a report on the festivities.